Only two major countries celebrate Labor Day in September—but why? And when is Labor Day this year?
- A look at revolutions and celebrations around the world—including a nation that celebrates independence from the Roman Empire.
- The date for Mother’s Day is different around the world. Most countries celebrate in May, while some choose March or even December.
- The United Kingdom has a new king, and Charles III’s coronation on May 6, 2023 has allowed many countries around the world to introduce new bank holidays in his honor.
- Could the Muslim month of Ramadan be cut short by a solar eclipse? The answer lies in religious translations and the term “New Moon.”
- And what is the birthday connection between Presidents Obama, Trump, and Biden?
- Call them strange, weird, or simply unusual: These seven Christmas traditions are certainly a special gift to the world.
- In the wake of Queen Elizabeth II’s death, several holidays and observances have been changed—not just in the United Kingdom. We have compiled a list of changes in countries around the world.
- Muslims around the world are celebrating one of their most important holidays on July 9 and July 10 this year: Eid al-Adha or “Feast of the Sacrifice.” The date varies because it depends on the sighting of the new Crescent Moon.